Chronicle of My Life

 I am a sexagenarian and here I like to share my big unexpected bold decision in life. In those days, joining engineering course is a big thing. I got engineering seat in a top university and joined the engineering college. I was from a village where education is only for rich. I was the first person headed to city to study engineering in my village. In young age, all those things makes me feel pride and I used to thank God for blessing me so much.

I felt like flying and my days went great as a first year student. Once, I went to home for holidays. Those days only letter communication, which I use to send them very rarely. So, I don't know what was happening in my home for the complete year. On my visit, I understood that the financial status of my family was not good.

Immediately, I decided to quit my studies. My dad told that he will manage, and asked not to discontinue my studies since I joined the course with more love, passion and desire. I have five sisters,  including me and my parents, we are eight members. I felt very bad in that age for discontinuing the studies. But my family problem weighed up when compared to my desire and another thing doing marriage for five sisters is a hard task so I want to share the burden of my father.

I took a bold step, without bothering about my future I dropped out my studies and returned to my village and revamped my father's rice mill in a small level, additionally extended the business like selling rice, dals, tamarind seeds and dried coconuts. Grinding business was dull and it fetched us only very less income. So I bought dried coconuts, tamarind seeds in small quantities from villagers and stored them. Then, I sold that in bulk in peak seasons and made profit.

StartANewLife.png

Initially I struggled a lot and felt bad for my misfortune. No labour and I use to pull the tri-cycle for delivering goods and for grinding when I stand in dust carrying sack, tears sometime roll down my eyes. But the smile of my sisters are more important to me. I dreamed to work as Engineer in air conditioning room in a city. More than dreams and desire, responsibility was important so I consoled myself.

The bold step of discontinuing education and involving in business brought a big change in our financial status. I extended my father's business with dare and with every profit did marriage for sisters one by one and opened a oil mill. The neem oil production and sales brought a big change in our life. When seasonal business is dull, sale of rice, dals helped us to run the family.

After some years, again we got stabilized financially. The bold decision I took made me the PROPRIETOR and raised my level to give employment to many families in my village and gained me respect among villagers. In 22 years I #StartANewLife to share the burden of my father which gained me more respect among my family and relations as after the death of my father also, I did marriage for my last two sisters and improved the financial status of my family.



Privacy Policy