What Changed Me Optimistic?

In my neighborhood, a building construction work was going on. The smile and happiness of a construction labour family and their positive approach to life had changed my attitude and made me optimistic.

I lived very sad with lot of stress and negative feelings as my life was not up to my expectation level. Recently, I came up with many desires and wants, but in spite of my efforts I can't increase my earnings to fulfill my desires. Keep on contemplating about ways to earn money and continuous failure in it, grabbed my smile, happiness and hopes in life.

I forgot happiness and smile in my life and even if I laugh involuntarily, I think I don't deserve to smile as I have no reasons to laugh, feel happy and enjoy life. I was punishing myself for many years like this.

I left my daughter in drawing class and came outside and sat. There I saw a construction labour family, a man, his wife and their baby. They got their daily wage from the contractor and near by the construction building they set up a tent to stay. Then, that man went and bought some vegetables and in hours they started cooking in the roadside. Adjacent side, one hawker was selling clothes, they pointed a dress and asked for the price, the man checked the money and asked his wife to look for some other dress. Finally, they selected and bought a new dress for their baby with pride and full of happiness in their eyes.

I wondered what makes them smile. Hardly that lady has one set of vessel to cook, no stove or cooker and nothing, no basic facilities for living also. First, I felt puzzled seeing their smile and pride.

But later, I understood, trying for better things to improve life is not bad, but in case of failure, we mustn't get disappointed and indulge in punishing us for failure. We must count on things which we have and bring smile and happiness our self. I thought smiles are assets of people who live in own house with four wheeler and owning diamond necklace.

I got amazed seeing their positive attitude, pride and got stumbled upon on seeing their smile, happiness and self-satisfied feeling. It was really an eye opening incident which filled my mind with optimistic thoughts and changed my attitude towards life.

All I have is only wants, but they are living life without basic needs but with a smile in face. Their approach to life changed me, from complaining I changed to complimenting myself for what I did and What I have. When they can't afford to buy the dress they selected without disappointment, happily they went to another choice.

lookup.png


When my attempts end in failure, I use to get frustrated and If I can't get things which I want in spite of my effort, I burst out in anger and use to feel bad for my life.

They led a difficult life in road side without basic needs, holding only a smile in face. In spite of that, their positive approach to life with smile in face, changed my attitude and filled my mind with optimism and hopes for future.
Privacy Policy